Consider yourself lucky that you just get to read about my bad moods and not actually experience them in person.
Yesterday was a doozy.
I used to work in a place where they had a designated crab stuffed animal that was attached by a string with the intent of wearing around the neck. It was perfect because whenever you saw someone wearing it, you knew exactly what to do:
Or at least don’t ask the annoying question, “Are you in a bad mood?” It was just a given. (((FYI: that question makes anyone in a bad mood in an even bigger bad mood! Ugh, just typing that puts me in a bad mood).
Needless to say, I needed that crab stuffed animal yesterday. Crabby Mc Crabster was I.
The lesson learned:
Don’t allow me to go long periods without food. I can be a witch when I’m hungy. And it ain’t pretty…(did someone just mention Halloween? ←told you I am obsessed).
In order to get back to normal, I knew that I would need to sweat out my nastiness…and that is what I did.
I made sure that I added a kick or 12 to the lovely Taco Salad for dinner. And it all started with the dressing:
Spicy Lime and Tomato Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 can tomatoes (I used jalapeno tomatoes for that extra kick)
- 1/2 c. cilantro
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tb vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar and it tasted great!)
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- Place everything in a blender/food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in a airtight jar and refridgerate leftovers.
And then I packed a little punch with the rice:
I accidentally heated up a bag of rice with the intention of incorporating it into the meatballs from the other night. But dummy over here totally forgot. I’m glad I didn’t toss it because it came in handy for dinner last night.
Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 bag frozen brown rice, heated
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 can tomatoes (I used the other half of the jalapeno tomatoes)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- dash of cayenne
- Heat up oil in a medium skillet. Add onions and saute until transluscent.
- Add rice into onion mix and allow rice to get to a slight crisp (another 5 minutes).
- Coat rice with spices and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and allow most of the liquid to burn off.
Put it all together and what do you get?
A mouth full of fire and an attitude adjustment.