You haven’t forgotten this week’s theme, now have you??
I didn’t think so.
Glad you came back for more
we are just getting started.
Next on the menu are these handy and portable
Your party guests will love walking around the room with these guys snug close to them.
*Friends, meet Frank and Willy.
One-eyed Willy and Frankenstein, meet my friends.*
You will be like a magician when your guests see that you mysteriously and magically turned
these naked banana slices
These utterly spooky Frankenstein pops!
Here is your ingredients list to make Frank:
**not pictured: melted vegan white chocolate chips, natural green food coloring and 2 sunflower seeds for the neck bolts.**
Like a Frankenstein monster, my brain was missing when I took these pictures…
Just kidding Frank. You are beautiful just as you are.
- When you slice the banana, cut it in 4s. Use the straight edged cuts for Frank. He will thank you later for it. You will yield 2 per banana (save the ends for Willy).
- Put the stick into the banana and freeze for a good 20 minutes.
- While the bananas are freezing, take the almond slice and make a scar pattern on it using the edible writing pen.
- Slice the fig in 3 pieces, slicing across the narrowest part of the fruit. You can use the top and bottom parts for 2 different Franks. Gently scoop out the fig guts and with your fingers, again gently stretch out the fig so it will fit on top of the banana slice.
- Melt vegan white chocolate chips and drop coloring to get the green hue you want. My chocolate ended up being too watery (I used a little rice milk to melt it) and so it didn’t really stick. I kinda like how it worked out, however. Do as you please!
- Take bananas out of the freezer and dip into chocolate. Work fast because the choco gets difficult to work with as it cools.
- Place eyes, scar, sunflower seed neck bolts and fig head on to banana slices and put back into the freezer for another 30 minutes or until set.
Time to pull that rabbit out of the hat again and turn these:
One-eyed Willy pops!
(I must give credit to where credit is due and inform you
that I am not the one who named these creatures.
I hate it when he beats me to creative genius.
There is just not enough room for the both of us at times, you know?)
Here is your ingredients list to make Willy:
**not pictured: melted vegan white chocolate and shredded coconut.***
- Follow instructions for Frank.
- When bananas have sat in freezer, melt chocolate. Roll the banana stick into choco and then immediately roll onto the shredded coconut. You will need to use your fingers to lightly press down on the coconut to get it to stick to Willy.
- Place single eye in the middle. Freeze again until set.
The real trick is getting these creatures to talk.
If you listen close enough you will swear you hear them say:
I think that was a threat???
Sometimes you have to choose between beauty and brains, Frank. I think we know which one you chose.
To display your banana pops, you can do one of 2 things:
1: Lay them flat on their backs on a platter.
2: Fill a wide-mouth bowl with rice and stick them straight up.