Pardon me, dear friends, as I quickly sing through this song. I still have a little bit of time to study before my final and I need every last minute available. So without any further delay, here we go:
Now I might not be a genius, but I can tell you this: If you eat 6 of these cookies upon immediately coming out of the oven, you can guarantee you will have a tummy ache for the remainder of the day. And this time, I’m not just saying that I ate 6 of these just to be funny. I’m serious. I ate 6 of these. SIX!
That outta tell you a little something about how incredibly good a cookie stuffed with persimmons tastes. Though they might not look the most appealing, in fact, go check out Brooke’s original version for a better idea of what they *should* look like, these are surprisingly on the top of my favorites list. Did I mention I ate SIX???
***EEK! I JUST NOTICED AN ERROR!!! IT’S 1/2 C. BROWN SUGAR *NOT* 1 CUP!!!****
- Cream Earth Balance and sugars together with eletric mixer until creamy.
- Add tofu. Mix. Add persimmon pulp and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together (except for the nuts and dried fruit) in separate bowl.
- Add to wet mixture. Fold in nuts and dried fruit.
- Drop onto parchment-lined cookie sheet by small spoonfuls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Once “The 12 Days of Christmas Cookies” ends on Friday,
I am going to miss having a new batch of cookies in the oven every day.
I just might have to do the “365 Days of Christmas Cookies”…