From what I hear(and what I am personally experiencing),people who stick to a raw diet will encourage you to keep your meals simple. I, of course, have been Pinning like a madwoman all of the incredibly beautiful raw foods that my brain cannot fully comprehend–seriously, there are some talented chefs out there! Once I get a dehydrator, I plan on becoming a crazy raw machine–making each and every recipe that I have saved thus far. Until then, I am stuck with these awesome Raw Cheesy Noodles:
Which is actually not a bad consolation prize, really.
But really, if you haven’t checked out my Pinterest, you must! On my “Raw ‘To Make’ Recipes” Board there are some of the most amazing foods on there that you would never know were raw! Like:
Beautiful Cheese Spreads
and wait for it…wait for it…
Raw Cheezy Lemon Herb Noodles Recipe
Makes 2-3 servings
- Kelp noodles
For the cheeze sauce:
- 1 c. cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest (reserve 1/2 tsp for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp Nama Shoyu (or use GF soy sauce)
- 1 Tb nutritional yeast
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb parsley
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1 Tb water
- pinch of salt
- microgreens (to garnish)
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- In a high-speed blender, place all of the ingredients inside and blend until smooth and thick. If the sauce is still too thick, you can add more water or lemon juice; 1 tsp at a time.
- If you want your noodles to not be cold, place kelp noodles in a ziploc baggie, making sure it is completely sealed. Place in a warm water bath until the noodles have warmed up a bit (you might have to refresh the warm water).
- Combine noodles and sauce, stirring well. Garnish with parsley, microgreens, and lemon zest.
Healthy, raw goodness in 20 minutes.
You can’t really beat that, now can you???