This fudge is decadent. It’s rich. It melts in your mouth. Need I say more? And it’s only 5 ingredients (not counting the nuts because I know some peope don’t like them…shame!)
Now, don’t get held up over the fact that coconut cream is used in this recipe. I know it only makes sense that it would taste ooey-gooey coconutty…but I swear it doesn’t. So if you don’t want your fudge tasting like a Mounds Bar, you are in luck. The richness of the chocolate blends perfectly into the coconut cream and you cannot even taste it.
We all can thank Brooke for such a simple recipe! Check out her original fudge here.
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
My recipe makes a small batch–there is only so much fudge I can handle, you know?
- 2 c non-dairy chocolate chips (I used Trader Joes’ HUGE dark chocolate bar to make this extremely rich)
- 1/2 c. coconut cream (this comes in a can and is solid unlike coconut milk)
- 1/2 c. non dairy milk
- Dash salt
- 1 c. chopped nuts, optional (or more!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with coconut cream, non-dairy milk, and salt. Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts if desired and vanilla. Spread evenly into wax paper lined small square pan. Place more chopped nuts on top if desired.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper and cut into squares. Store covered in fridge.