Lately I have been like a mad scientest in the kitchen. I have been inspired, making lists of recipes, buying fun kitchen pans, and creating recipe after recipe. I have 4 posts bursting at the seams to be posted and 2 more brewing in my brain that I am going to tackle today. The only problem is that I have nothing to really say over here. I’m sitting here completely without a thought. Enjoy the silence while it lasts.
So I will just follow that lead, shut my trap, and allow the pictures to do the talking:
- 8 2" slices of tempeh, lightly steamed
- 2 c. Rice Chex (or crunchy gluten free cereal)
- 1 c. store-bought buffalo sauce
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Veganaise Blue Cheese Dressing
- Place tempeh slices into a ziploc baggie with ½ c. buffalo sauce. Allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend 1 c. of the Rice Chex so it becomes flour-like. With your hands, crush the remaining 1 c. so the Chex is in chunkier bits. Mix together. Add the paprika, cayenne, and a pinch of salt together in a shallow dish.
- Dip the tempeh slices into Chex flour mix and coat on all sides. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake tempeh for 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining ½ c. buffalo sauce (you might need more to coat) on all sides. Bake another 1 minute. Serve with Veganaise Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks place the tempeh onto a bed of lettuce smothered with non-dairy blue cheese dressing and have yourself a Buffalo Tempeh Salad: