Lately I have been like a mad scientest in the kitchen. I have been inspired, making lists of recipes, buying fun kitchen pans, and creating recipe after recipe. I have 4 posts bursting at the seams to be posted and 2 more brewing in my brain that I am going to tackle today. The only problem is that I have nothing to really say over here. I’m sitting here completely without a thought. Enjoy the silence while it lasts.
So I will just follow that lead, shut my trap, and allow the pictures to do the talking:
Baked Buffalo Tempeh Tenders Recipe
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes 8 “tenders”
- 8 2″ slices of tempeh
- 2 c. Rice Chex
- 1 c. buffalo sauce (store bought)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Veganaise Blue Cheese Dressing
- Taking the block of tempeh, cut into 4 2″ pieces. Cut each piece in half so you have 8 pieces total that are still 2″.
- Place tempeh into a ziploc baggie with 1/2 c. buffalo sauce. Allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend 1 c. of the Rice Chex so it becomes flour-like. With your hands, crush the remaining 1 c. so the Chex is in chunkier bits.
- Combine all 2 c. of Rice Chex, paprika, cayenne, and a pinch of salt together. Place in a shallow dish.
- Take tempeh and dip into Chex flour mix and coat on all sides. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Baked tempeh for 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining 1/2 c. buffalo sauce (you might need more to coat) on all sides. Bake another 1 minute.
- Serve with Veganaise Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Or you can place the tempeh onto a bed of lettuce smothered with non-dairy blue cheese dressing and have yourself a Buffalo Tempeh Salad: