For the days that you just want to have a fancy breakfast, have I got a treat for you:
Scrambled Tofu Rancheros Recipe
- 1 recipe Scrambled Tofu Eggs (see below)
- 1 recipe Pinto Beans (see below)
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 c. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tb thinly diced onions
- 1 Tb cilantro, chopped
- sliced jalapenos (optional)
- top with non-dairy sour cream (or cashew cream)
- 4 lime wedges
For the Tofu “eggs”:
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, crumbled
- sprinkle of turmeric (for coloring)
- sprinkle of smoked paprika (for coloring)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tb oil.
- Place all of the ingredients inside until fully colored and heated through. This should only take 3-5 minutes.
For the Beans:
You can use the leftover chili from my Vegan Chili Fries recipe OR:
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blender until chunky. Add a splash (start with 1 Tb) of non-dairy milk if you want it smoother. Use a rubber spatula to get beans off of the sides.
- Place into a small sauce and gently heat on low until heated through.
- Throw everything onto a corn tortilla and enjoy! Bone Ape Tit