*THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED*
I’m doing a giveaway today (U.S. Residents only) for this creatively treat-tastic book:
Amber is the too-hot-to-trot mastermind behind www.ChefAmberShea.com and now she has created a cookbook of some of the simplest yet most flavorfully nutritious desserts in their raw (with the option to bake) form.
What I love about this book:
- Every recipe is free of wheat, dairy, eggs, soy and refined grains and sugars.
- You don’t need a dehydrator (or any other fancy hard-to-find equipment) to make these recipes.
- There is the list of Substitutions & Variations that Amber gives on every page to accommodate each person’s preferences.
- Practically every ingredient is easy to find at your local grocery store (and if they aren’t easy to find, Amber provides easy-to-access/make substitutions).
- This book is full of cookies, bars, candy, cupcakes, and pies–all in their raw form so not only are they tasty, they are good for you!
- Easy to follow instructions that anyone can abide by.
I decided to make these Marzipan Buckeye Bars because I love anything almond flavored and chocolate. These tasty treats did not disappoint! One of my favorite recipes Amber has in the front of the book is a Date Syrup that I used in place of the coconut nectar (this sweetener is going to be the new staple in my household). You will have to buy the book to get that recipe…
- 1 c. almond butter
- 1/4 c. coconut nectar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp almond extract
- Big pinch sea salt
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 1/2 c. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 c. cacao powder
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Big pinch sea salt
- Combine the almond butter, coconut nectar, almond extract, and salt in a food processor, and pulse until smooth and combined.
- Add coconut flour and pulse until the mix comes together and starts to ball up.
- Transfer dough to a 6-8" square baking pan (lined with wax paper, if desired) and use a spatula or your fingers to press it down evenly.
- Place pan in the freezer while you make the chocolate topping.
- Combine oil, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a blender. Blend on low speed until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Alternatively, thoroughly whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Remove pan from the freezer and immediately pour the glaze over the marzipan, tilting the pan to spread it around evenly.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 weeks. Serve frozen.