What is a holiday if you cannot celebrate it in style? For me, the whole point of enjoying Halloween is being creative and simply being gluten, egg, and/or dairy-free is no excuse as to why you can’t get down and dirty in the creativity!
Now I’m totally for going all out in the kitchen and spending an hour on a recipe, but there is also the very lazy side of me that wants simple, no-bake recipes that take only 10 minutes. What? You too? I thought so. This is why I have created another simple, no-need-to-turn-your-oven-on type of recipe for Halloween. If you are unable to find the type of mini cookies that fit your eating style, you can always turn that oven on (sorry!) and follow this simple sugar cookie recipe.
- 10 Gluten, egg, and/or dairy free mini cookies (eg: Dr. Lucy's, Home Free, Trader Joe's GF Gingersnaps)
- Royal Icing recipe: ½ c. powdered sugar + 1 tsp. water mixed together--you want a thick paste
- 2 tsp. orange sprinkles per cookie
- 5 green Dots candies, slivered
- Spread the royal icing over the top of the cookies.
- Cover with orange sprinkles and 1 small slice of the green Dots candy.
- Allow to set completely (approx. 10 minutes)