These White Chocolate Pineapple Pinatas are what happens when you pair this recipe with this guide. This was quite the experiment too because as you might have read in that guide to nondairy white chocolate, not all brands behave the same. In fact, I tested out this recipe with three different brands and found only 1 winner. Maybe the issue was with me but the majority of types of nondairy white chocolate that I tried to form into these egg molds became very frail and cracked immediately when trying to pop them out of the mold. Do you want to guess which nondairy white chocolate made the cut?
Well if you guessed this one you’d be right. And would it surprise you if I told you that I doubted this brand out of the 3 and it was the last to experiment with. I take it all back. It worked like a charm. Use this 4″ 3D chocolate egg mold for the same results as mine.
The key to making this turn out fine is this secret ingredient: Patience.
The best part of these white chocolate pineapple pinatas?
- ½ c. nondairy white chocolate, melted (read post about best brand to use)
- ⅛ tsp. dried turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. nondairy white chocolate
- green sugar sand
- Allergen friendly candy to stuff inside
- Combine the turmeric and melted white chocolate until the chocolate becomes uniformly yellow. Reserve 1 tablespoon to the side and keep warm in a sealed plastic bag in warm water.
- Pour the yellow white chocolate evenly into the egg mold. Make sure all sides are coated. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the pineapple to set, create the top of the pineapple onto a piece of wax or parchment paper. Immediately coat with the green sugar sand. Freeze.
- Very gently pop out the egg shape. Place the candy of choice inside the bottom cavity. Place the green top over and place the other pineapple half on top.
- Cut a small slit in the corner of the plastic baggie with the remainder melted white chocolate and "seal" the two sides of the pineapple together.
- Create a criss cross pattern with the white chocolate over the top. Allow to freeze again for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a mini hammer and be surprised with what is inside!
The options are endless and you can make them into whatever shapes you want. Use nondairy white chocolate or regular allergen friendly chocolate, even. Stuff them with whatever candy floats your boat. See? Endless possibilities! Then again, that sort of freedom might not be good for the indecisive. If you fall into that camp then stick with the Pineapple Pinatas and call it a day.
But regardless of what you choose to do, remember to have fun! And giggle when you break that bad boy open.