No cup of hot cocoa or Eggnog Mexican Hot Chocolate should ever be sipped on without a skewer of vegan marshmallow snowmen. Am I right or am I right? It’s a winter necessity. Funny thing is that I am really not a fan of marshmallows in terms of taste. However I can never seem to make it through the baking aisle of ANY grocery store without stopping to smell the marshmallows. Yup, I’m the weirdo you’re passing by with your cart, sniffing bags of marshmallows. Perhaps these snowmen are the trick to making me more of a ooey-gooey vegan marshmallow fan? I think it’s a Christmas miracle…
Super simple to make too, anyone can do it! Plus, imagine the smiles on the little ones’ faces when they see their favorite hot wintery drink (perhaps a cup of Peppermint Hot Chocolate?) adorned with marshmallows that almost look like Olaf from “Frozen”! Almost. And no, those aren’t head phones he’s wearing, they’re earmuffs.
A vegan Marshmallow Snowmen tutorial:
Use the recipe here for the vegan Marshmallow Snowmen to follow along with the tutorial above:
- 12 large vegan marshmallows
- ¼ c. nondairy chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp. nondairy white chocolate, melted + sprinkle of ground turmeric for coloring
- 20 Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 4 skewer sticks
- Place 3 marshmallows on each skewer.
- Pipe the melted chocolate into eyes, mouth, and buttons on the marshmallows.
- Place the 3 chocolate chips over the melted chocolate for the buttons.
- Using a toothpick, create the carrot nose with the turmeric-colored melted white chocolate.
- Create the earmuffs with the melted chocolate.
- Place a chocolate chip on each side.
See what I mean? Marshmallow Snowmen in a cinch! Now what are you doing still reading my babble? You have goodies to create and smiles to make.
More Christmas fun to come…