If you are doing anything at the moment, you must STOP (except for continuing to read this). Stop everything else and pay attention to the words you are about to read about these Loaded Gluten Free Cookie Bars. They are not only a simple dessert to throw together but they already come with RAVE reviews. Listen to this happy gluten free customer:
“These cookie bars are AMAZING. BRAVO! BRAVO! Thank you so much. (My husband) has requested more. He thinks you should package them up and sell them.” -Crystal
Now if that doesn’t make you want to make these cookie bars immediately then how about these photos:
Loaded Gluten Free Cookie Bars so good, even the toy dinosaurs want full and complete dessert domination. I think I might have to arm wrestle one of them for at least one more bar (they taste THAT good!)
Packed with walnuts, pretzels, and nondairy chocolate, these Loaded Gluten Free Cookie Bars (also made without eggs!) make allergen-friendly dreams come true.
- ½ c. dairy free butter, softened
- ½ c. brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1½ c. Cara's Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ c. dairy free chocolate chips (divided)
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ c. No No's candies, 3 packets worth (I buy mine from Amazon)
- ½ c. gluten free pretzels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whip up the dairy free butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and mix another 30 seconds. Add in the chickpea liquid (aqaufaba).
- Throw the flour, gum, baking soda, and salt into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts (optional) and ¼ c. dairy free chocolate chips.
- Pour into the 8x8 pan and smooth down. Add the pretzels and NoNos candies on top and gently pressed down to secure into the dough.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. The middle will appear uncooked but don't worry! It will continue to bake through as you allow it to fully cool.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 12 squares. Serve with a tall glass of cold dairy free milk!
- If you and your family can have dairy, you can easily replace with regular butter.
- Don’t be scared about using the liquid from a can of chickpeas! If you are worried about the flavor, don’t be. It cooks off and you won’t even know it’s there. In fact, it’s the BEST egg replacer for this recipe. If you don’t want to use aquafaba, use 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp. water. Please note that using this as a sub might alter the end results.
- The toppings are optional (the dairy free NoNos candies, gluten free pretzels, and even the walnuts). You can just as easily use nondairy chocolate chips only. Still delicious!
Looking for more chocolate chip dessert deliciousness? Give these a try: