Taste the rainbow at breakfast with this fun twist on your kids’ favorite pancakes. All you do is thin out a pancake to create a “tortilla” and then stuff them with a fruit salad filling and a drizzle of yogurt. We shall call them Rainbow Pancake Tacos, and just in time for St. Paddy’s Day too!
RELATED: Rainbow Fruit Salad Bagels
You can make these gluten free vegan pancakes for the base or your favorite family pancake recipe. Make sure you cut up the fruit beforehand so that once you are done with the pancakes, you can chomp away immediately. Drizzle with some yogurt or use it for the dipping and top with some chopped nuts and/or seeds. But whatever you do, don’t forget to eat them with your hands (the best part!).
RELATED: Rainbow Granola Breakfast Pizza
Here is a quick photo tutorial of how to make the pancake “tortillas” for these Rainbow Pancake Tacos:
Once you finish with each pancake you can either just layer them on top of each other on a plate and cover with a cloth OR you can turn the oven on to 200 degrees and keep in there on a baking sheet to keep warm. Remember you are eating these with your hands so you don’t need them to be as fresh as you would if eating pancakes as is.
RELATED: Rainbow Smoothie Bowls
- 1 c. + 2 Tbsp. Cara's gluten free flour mix
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. original and unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. oil (for oil free, use unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 5 strawberries, chopped
- ½ c. blueberries
- ½ c. raspberries
- ½ c. mandarine oranges, drained
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large Pyrex measuring cup.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix until completely smooth.
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high.
- Spoon a couple of tablespoons of the pancake batter into the skillet. Start from the middle of the pancake and work your way out with a spatula or the back of a spoon. You want to thin it out a little and create a larger pancake.
- Flip over once air bubbles from and the pancake is easy to pick up with a spatula and flip.
- Cut up the fruit salad and place in a bowl.
- Serve the pancake tacos with yogurt and fruit.
P.S. If you like these taco truck holders, I found them on Amazon.