Two days remain (counting today) until the completion of:
I’m really gonna miss these suckers when they’re gone. Aren’t you? They have really grown on me… But fear not, my goulish gremlins. Next week provides a whole new theme. *cue canned applause* I knew you would be pleased. Now, before we mourn their absence, it’s time I introduced you to Thursday’s edition. I give to you Chocolate Covered Strawberry Owls:
Okay, so maybe they are not THAT freaky. Okay, okay, maybe not even just a little bit? But boy are they sure fun to look at! *And pssst, I heard eating one makes you smarter.* The chocolate-covered strawberry owl, that is. (((Possible old wives tale, though. Hasn’t been proven yet))).
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRY OWLS
- 1/2 c. Nondairy chocolate chips
- 5 strawberries, room temp
- 10 homemade googly eyes
- 10 raw almonds
- 1 strawberry, cut into 5 small triangles for beak
- sliced almonds
- Dip one strawberry at a time into the melted chocolate.
- Carefully place eyes, nose, wings and feet onto owl–press down to ensure that they are sticking and then place back into the freezer for 10 minutes or until set.
- Repeat for the remainder of the strawberries. Super easy, right?
Set these guys on a platter to be shared with everyone. You just might find that your guests will be keeping an eye on everyone else, making sure no one touches their chocolate-covered strawberry owl…
They just might bring out the inner hunter in YOU!