So on my way to doing this morning’s post for
I received this ransom note in my mailbox:
**Who still sends out ransom notes these days via mail, anyway??**
Attached to the note was a picture of a severed head.
I know, rather morbid right?
I mean, what kind of person chops heads off for a Twix bar?
Come on, crazy people.
A “please” will get you far in my world.
No need to threat.
I’ll spare you the picture, but I will say that I was inspired by it.
That is why today’s booo-tiful breakfast is:
A severed skull. With strawberry jam blood oozing from its neck.
My Everyday Waffle Batter Recipe
Seriously. I eat this waffle every morning.
Makes 6-7 waffles
- 2 c. gluten free AP mix (I use Bob’s–my favorite)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs walnut oil (or whatever oil of choice)
- 2 Tbs flaxseed meal + 5 Tbs warm water (stirred and allowed to sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 1/4 c. hemp milk
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and add all wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Add more milk if needed.
- Cook in waffle iron.
- 2 banana slices
- 1 dried cranberry, sliced in half
- 1 thinly sliced piece of strawberry
- 1/2 c. strawberry jam (or 1/2 cut strawberries and 1 tsp agave syrup) + 1 tsp cornstarch (heat in saucepan until boiling, add cornstarch to thicken, remove from heat and sit until cooled).
- Cut shape of skull with knife.
- Make holes for eyes and place banana slices underneath.
- Place cranberries on top of banana slices for eyeballs.
- Put strawberry slice in between jawline for tongue.
- Add strawberry jam below the neck of the skull.
So what did I do in response to the note?
I sent them back a picture of a half-eaten skull, that’s what.
I even ate the eyeballs and blood.
Sometimes you gotta show the bad guys who’s in charge.
I also sent a polite note informing them that if they want candy,
they have to wait until Saturday for the next post.
Lesson learned: don’t mess with the girl in charge of candy.