The official countdown has begun:
SIX more days until Halloween!
We’re taking a short break away from all that sugar
(you guys, I’m breaking out on my back!
Am I in friggin’ high school all over again or what?? This is out of control!)
and cleansing our bodies with something simple,
healthy and oh-so easy to make.
Oh, did I mention a bit spooky as well?
“Graveyard Starter Salads”
*ghosts not included*
The perfect appetizer to serve up
at your up-coming Halloween party.
(((You *are* going to have a party aren’t you?
I mean, I haven’t been slaving
away in the kitchen for you not to, right??!)))
***By the way, If you do have a party my simple request is that you
To Make One Individual Salad:
First, fill your flat plate with lettuce!
- 3 Asparagus sticks, sliced in thirds
- 1 carrot, sliced in 2″ pieces, and then halved (and halved again)
- Place veggie sticks on the outskirts of a flat plate to mimic a fence
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes
- Place next to tombstones as pumpkins
- 1 cucumber
- Slice the top 3″ of a cucumber.
- Thickly slice top piece into 2 “tombstones”
- 1 broccoli floret piece
- Cut into small bouquets.
These salads will have your guests shivering
with creepiness as they watch in fright
whether or not actual ghosts reside in their graveyard-on-a-plate.
Serve your dressing on the side with these mini-sized cauldrons!