I imagine the idea of creating a vegan cookie dough ice cream flavor came from a little kid who, while eating an ice cream cone, went to scoop out a finger-full of his mom’s homemade cookie dough only to find a piece of it plopped down onto his cone. Bothered at first, he looked down to see his predicament.
RELATED: Easiest Berry FroYo
Unable to remove it with his hands, his only choice was to pick up the cookie dough with his mouth. Simultaneously he managed to scoop up a slurp of vanilla ice cream along with the dough and as the flavors mixed around in his mouth, his eyes widened. Had he just accidentally created the world’s greatest ice cream flavor? Without a doubt. Lo and behold, Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream!Print
- 1 pint non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 c rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce or oil
- 1 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- In a food processor blend chickpeas, oats, salt, baking soda, sugar, vanilla, and oil. Blend until smooth, yet thick enough to form into a ball.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in a bowl and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Roll out into small balls and throw into pint of softened non-dairy vanilla ice cream carton. Re-freeze until solid.
RELATED: Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream
Heck, you can even skip over the ice cream part and just eat all of the cookie dough that your heart desires. I mean, it’s not a bad option considering that this is probably the healthiest cookie dough that you could possibly eat!
RELATED: Vegan Ice Cream Brownie Sandwiches