Ever since everything turned upside 4 months ago (has it already been FOUR months??!), there have been some major changes occurring in my life. Part of what has been changing for me is the way I eat. Never before would I have considered raw chocolate chia seed pudding as breakfast but then again, we are also welcome to grow and change.
For those of you who know me, know that I have never committed myself to one style of eating. I like to think of myself as always evolving (in all aspects of my being). Though Fork and Beans became mainly an homage to gluten-free and vegan baking (something that will not change), I have never professed to be a vegan, especially when I found that my body really did not respond well to giving up all animal products. Every body is different. So with that said, expect some changes to be going on around here.
And while I am re-vamping the direction of Fork and Beans (I do hope you continue to stay cozy over here and enjoy the new options!), why don’t you try on for size this easy, on-the-go breakfast: Raw Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding. Chia seeds never tasted this easy and so good!Print
- 1 c. nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. whole chia seeds
- 1 tsp. of maple syrup or agave (add more of less, according to preference)
- Whisk together the cocoa powder and nondairy milk until combined.
- Pour in the chia seeds and whisk again.
- Allow to stand for 20+ minutes. I like to warm up in the microwave for 45 seconds at this point or simply eat cold.
- Top with sweetener of choice and toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 96g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g