- 2 c. cauliflower florets
For the Beer Batter:
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. warm water, allow to sit for 5-7 minutes until thick
- 1/2 c. Cara’s gluten-free flour blend
- 1/3 c. corn starch
- 1/3 c. gluten-free beer
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
For the garnish:
- Cilantro Lime Sauce
- red cabbage, thinly sliced
- cilantro and onions, minced
- lime wedges
- Combine flour blend, cornstarch, chili powder and paprika–whisk until well-blended.
- Combine flax “egg”, oil and beer into the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth. Batter should be thick but not too thick where it cannot be mixed with resistance. Think thick waffle batter.
- Heat a medium skillet with 1/2 c. oil. Allow to heat thoroughly (very important).
- Gently dip each piece of cauliflower into batter and place into the skillet. Fry for a good 2-3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt to season.
- Assemble the tacos as desired and serve with Avocado, Mango, and Fig Salsa.