It’s already happening. We completely bypassed any sign of winter and went straight into spring. The worst part? It’s already summer now here in LA. Let’s do the math. That’s 6 months of hot, hot heat. The best part about summer is craving chips* and salsa for every meal. Today the craving is not just for any salsa–I’m talking an Avocado Mango Salsa. How fancy does that sound?
*Oh wait, I crave chips all of the time so I guess there is nothing new there.
It’s miserable when you only have a window air conditioning unit and the heat sucks out any ounce of energy that you might have left. I know that most people say that they want to live in the land of sunshine but as I get older I’m going the other way. I crave the cold. I miss it. I miss bundling up. But eating chips and salsa during winter doesn’t work for most places except for here so I guess I get something good out of it.
This summer, me thinks I will try out as many salsa combinations as possible.Print
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 semi-firm avocado, cubed
- 3 figs, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly diced
- 1 Tb cilantro, chopped
- 1 Fresno chili, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to preference
- Combine all the ingredients into a medium bowl except for the avocado.
- Add avocado and gently stir in.
- Serve with favorite chips.