I’m starting off my first recipe for Vegan MoFo with a big ol’ batch of Peeps!
In my opinion there is no reason why being a vegan should deter you from enjoying the foods you once loved. That is my philosophy anyway. There are always creative ways to maneuver around the guidelines in order to find rules to break (and have Peeps to be made)…especially when they are in ghost form, perfect for Halloween to come…
THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF 3/9/16. It is not for the faint of heart.Print
This recipe has been update from it’s original due to it not working out as well as it once did, 4 years ago. This is considered more of an advanced recipe so please proceed with patience and TLC.
- Follow the link from Olives for Dinner’s recipe for making vegan marshmallows made from the brine of chickpeas. Follow the recipe for a thicker marshmallow.
- I used a Ziploc baggie to fill up my marshmallow cream. Cut a 1/2″ slit into the corner. Pipe immediately!
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with sugar to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- Start with a 2″ body base. Moving clockwise, shape your ghosts from the bottom up by squeezing the baggie full of marshmallow cream.
- Finish with a dusting of sugar if you like and dot with an edible marker for eyes.
- Allow to set for 20-30 minutes.