These rich and delicious carrot cake pancakes will satisfy anyone’s bellies. Not to mention no one will ever know that they are gluten-free and vegan!
- 1 1/4 c. Cara’s All-Purpose Blend
- 1/4 c. brown sugar (gently packed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. nondairy milk
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 2 Tbsp. water – thickened for 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 c. finely shredded carrots (from approx. 4–5 medium carrots)
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Create a hole in the middle and pour all of the wet ingredients and mix until almost combined. Add the carrots and walnuts and stir until fully combined. Allow for the batter to sit for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Heat up a skillet on medium – medium/high heat. Once it is ready to go, grease with olive oil spray or lightly coat with vegan butter.
- Using approx. 1/4 c. to scoop out the batter, pour onto a fully-heated greased skillet.
- Once it begins to bubble and firm up on the sides enough to lift up with a spatula, it is ready to be flipped. Brown on the other side. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Makes 8-10 pancakes. Serve with maple syrup or favorite pancake coating.