If you are just joining the party, welcome! It’s a gluten-free vegan Cinco de Mayo feast here at Fork & Beans and there is no such thing as being late at this table. We have an entire meal planned from a roasted heirloom salsa, to appetizers, to the main entrée, to drinks, and of course dessert. All gluten-free. All vegan. All very easy to put together the day before and the day of.
Check out the posts that are already on the menu:
This is a super simple salsa that calls for roasted heirloom tomatoes, hence the name Roasted Heirloom Salsa (genius, right? ha). If you have even less time for preparation, you can always just put the tomatoes into the food processor as is without lightly baking them. That is the great thing about this meal plan. It can easily be tweaked based off your time restraints.
- 1 1/2 c. heirloom tomatoes, roasted in the oven at 325 degrees for 15–20 minutes with 2 tsp. oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded
- 1/4 c. cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- juice of 2 limes
- Roast 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and salt into a food processor. Pulse 3 times.
- Add the tomatoes and pulse until the salsa forms.
- Stir in the lime juice and salt according to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Makes 1 full cup of salsa
- Serving Size: 4
Take a sneak peek into what the entire menu looks like here:
Until next time, friends!