A fun appetizer for your next non-seafood bake, these Baked Oyster Mushrooms have all the flavor without the seafood.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/2 c. mushrooms, chopped (preferably king oyster–use what you can find)
- 1/4 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- On medium heat, sauté the shallots and garlic with 2 tsp. vegan butter.
- Add the mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and white wine and stir until the liquid absorbs.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, sprinkle with parsley, and stir in the breadcrumbs until well-combined.
- Season with salt.
- If you are baking in shells: Place a heaping tablespoon of filling into each shell. Sprinkle with extra panko crumbs on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are lightly browned.
- If you are placing these in ceramic spoons for serving (or other serving options): Place filling into an oven-safe dish. Sprinkle extra panko crumbs on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serving Size: 3