- 1 c. old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/4 c. superfine brown rice flour
- 1/4 c. sorghum flour
- 1/4 c. potato starch (or any other starch)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 2 Tbsp. warm water (mixed until thickened)
For the Icing:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nondairy milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place vegan butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt halfway (for about 20 seconds). The bowl should be warm enough to melt the rest of the vegan butter as you stir. You want it to be cloudy looking.
- In a large bowl whip up the vegan butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the brown sugar and blend. Add the flaxseed “egg” and blend.
- Pour half of the dry mixture and stir in with a wooden spoon until combined. Repeat with the remainder of the flour.
- Spoon an overflowing tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheet. Gently press down with your hands until flat. Repeat until the dough is done.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned along the edges. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a good 5 minutes and then transfer over to a cooling rack.
- Whish together the icing until smooth and thick. Gently dip the tops of the cookies. Allow to set.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1.5g