See, I told you that we were going to be using the Homemade Carrot Sprinkles again in the near future. Even better is that we are just getting started. They are going to be making another appearance soon so just you wait! And the homemade googly eyes are endless with their possibilities. From these Pretzel Screams, to Pretzel Stick Snowmen (whoa, I think I should include pretzels in the reoccurring roles as well, apparently they make for great holiday treats too), to these Love Bug Bites (and so much more), the fun never stops!
Sometimes it takes Easter Bunny Pretzel Bites to remind you of your life’s purpose. Well, it took ME making these pretzel bites to remind me but for you, it will be something different. Something that when you are in the midst of creating or experiencing, you have one of those moments where the heavens open up and you remember, “Oh yeah! This is why I was brought to this earth; for this specific thing.”
For me, it’s making allergen-friendly food FUN. (said with increasing vibrato and dramatic arm movements):From this day forward I declare Fork & Beans as an allergy-free fun food zone and there shan’t be food made without fitting under the description of fun. When one looks to food here, they shall declare with great gusto, “That looks FUN.” That is my pledge to you, dear readers.
- Line a piece of parchment paper on a small baking sheet.
- Dip each pretzel into the melted white chocolate. If you are having troubles with your chocolate not being smooth enough, add a tablespoon of shortening. It will melt in and allow for a smooth texture.
- Place the homemade googly eyes on the bottom of the pretzels and a homemade carrot sprinkle towards the side of the ear. Allow to set in a freezer.
- Take the remainder melted white chocolate and place 1 drop of all-natural red food coloring into the bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Remove the baking sheet and pipe the pink white chocolate into the holes for the ears and one for the nose. Allow to set in the freezer again.
- Serving Size: 1 Bunny
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 1.2g
This is why I never pursued acting and stuck with a passion for food creation.