- 1 batch of Rice Krispie treats
- 6 gluten free cupcakes (halve this recipe or make the full 12 and freeze the remaining)
- 1/2 c. chocolate frosting of your choice (or you can use 2 Tbsp. shortening, whip with an electric mixer, add 2/3 c. powdered sugar and 1/3 c. cocoa powder. Whip until fluffy. Add more powdered sugar if needed).
- 1 c. nondairy white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 c. cacao nibs (optional)
- 5 skewers, cut in half
- 5 small terra cotta pots
- Make the cupcakes first and allow to cool completely. Crumble one of the cupcakes into a bowl.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the Rice Krispies. Before they fully cool, form them into a cactus shape around the skewer (as demonstrated in the post’s tutorial). Freeze.
- Melt your nondairy white chocolate until smooth. Add the all-natural green food coloring until desired color is reached (approx. 5-6 drops). Dip each cactus into the white chocolate and coat. Allow to set in the freezer.
- Create prickles on the cactus with a toothpick and the melted dark chocolate.
- Place the cupcakes into the terra cotta pots. Frost with the icing and sparingly sprinkle the tops with the cake crumble.
- Place the Krispie Cactus on top and secure it from falling. Scatter with cacao nibs (optional) to look like rocks.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 15.5g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g