There are things that I eat that I don’t always want to but do so because I know that the other option would leave me far worse off. Take oatmeal. I’m not a big oatmeal person but I eat it often because of the nutritional value it adds to my diet especially when I add hemp seeds, chopped nuts, and tons of fresh berries. But let’s be real, sometimes pancakes sound much better. Pancakes slathered in nut butter and lots of maple syrup. So in order to coax me into making better choices for my body on a daily basis and eating more oatmeal, I have to turn it into some animal-shape or whatever amuses me at the moment. I’m like a dueling 6 year old and mom stuck in my body simultaneously. The mom always wins when she presents the 6 year old with Kitty Cat Oatmeal Art though.
Surprise your little one or yourself (hey, no judgments, I do the same!) for breakfast and serve them up the cutest kitty cat oatmeal art their eyes have seen. A quick, easy breakfast to throw together that looks like you spent tons of time on! Just imagine the delight on your kiddos’ face (or yours, again, no judging) when they see what’s for breakfast tomorrow morning.Print
- 1/2 c. gluten free certified rolled oats
- 1 c. nondairy milk
- 1 slice gluten free bread
- 3 almond slices
- 2 slices banana
- 2 blueberries
- 1 sliver of strawberry
- peanut butter (or favorite nut/seed butter)
- Place the oats and nondairy milk together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Once the liquid has absorbed nicely, remove from heat. You can add a knob of nondairy butterto give your oatmeal a nice creamy flavor if you want.
- Cut your piece of bread into: 2 corners for the ears, 2 round cheeks, and the crust from the bottom of the bread for the whiskers.
- Assemble before serving for the cutest kitty cat oatmeal breakfast.