Making your meals fun doesn’t have to require a lot of work. Sometimes it’s not about cutting your entree into the shape of whatever you want to create but rather taking what it is and working with it from there. These allergen-friendly meal option goes from Quesadillas to Catsadillas with a few simple addition of vegetables (and love, of course).
All you need is:
1 Quesadilla (easy to make–and stuff it with whatever you wish)
2 slices of cucumber, for the eyes
2 cucumber slices, for the cheeks
2 carrot triangles, for the ears
tip of a baby carrot, for the nose
1 carrot + mini red pepper, peeled, for the stripes
tip of mini red bell pepper, for the mouth
Now you can go from boring Quesadilla to silly Catsadillas with a few simple ingredients. The kids will love it (and moms too!)
- 1 large grain free torilla
- cheddar cheese (use nondairy if needed or use avocado and beans like this recipe)
- 2 slices of cucumber, for the eyes
- 2 cucumber slices, for the cheeks
- 2 carrot triangles, for the ears
- tip of a baby carrot, for the nose
- 1 carrot + mini red pepper, peeled, for the stripes
- tip of mini red bell pepper, for the mouth
- Cook the tortilla on medium high heat (use a little nondairy butter to brown it up nicely if you want). Immediately coat one side with your filling of choice and fold over.
- Cook until as brown as you like and then flip over.
- Remove from the pan and place on plate.
- Assemble Catsadillas with the veggies and serve with a side of goldfish.
Cut up the veggies beforehand so once that quesadilla comes hot off the skillet, you can assemble it fast and still serve it warm. It will take a matter of minutes (if that) to put together and in no time your lunch will be purring at you. Oh and don’t forget to add a handful of chocolate Goldfish cookies for dessert. Catsadillas love them.