This is probably THE easiest veggie burger I have ever made and it only requires two main ingredients. No, you did not read that incorrectly, only two ingredients: Leftover Thanksgiving stuffing (you want it on the soggier side) and Ancient Harvest quinoa. There are some herbs, sea salt, dried cranberries, and cornmeal mixed in there but that is it! You, of course, want to make sure you have some cranberry relish leftover to top the burger with and well, heck, add MORE stuffing and now you have one of the most holiday-themed burgers in town. And believe me, it’s mmmmmm mmmmmm good!
A few thing recipe notes about these Thanksgiving Leftovers Quinoa Burgers:
Make sure that your stuffing isn’t on the dry side but more soggy (I’d use the word moist right here but I loathe that term). If you find that your stuffing is more on the dry side, add a tablespoon of water at a time until just…well, okay, moist.
You, of course, want to use the best quinoa brand on earth from (hey, how did you know?!) Ancient Harvest.
This is a softer, more carb-heavy quinoa burger. I mean, it’s full of leftover stuffing so it gives you an understanding of the texture it has. Don’t get me wrong, it’s flippin’ delicious but just don’t think it has the consistency of an actual burger. This is a quinoa burger after all, ya’all.
This is the perfect recipe to make if you have Thanksgiving leftovers and are looking for creative ways to use them up!
- 1 1/4 c. leftover stuffing, cooled
- 1 c. Ancient Harvest quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. corn meal
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
For the Coating:
- 2 Tbsp. corn meal
- 2 Tbsp. Ancient Harvest quinoa, uncooked
For the toppings:
- Preheat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tsp. of olive oil.
- For the burgers, mix together all the ingredients until well-combined. Create 5 patties with your hands and press down firmly to make sure they remain in shape.
- Dip each side into the coating.
- Brown each side of the burger in the skillet (approx. 2-3 minutes per side).
- Top the burgers with all the fixin’s.
- Serving Size: 1 patty
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 265mg
- Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g