I’m feeling particularly festive (and cold) right now as I sit in my hotel in Chicago. Because LA’s weather remains in the 80s, I love visiting colder cities around this time of the year to at least get in the holiday spirit and remember that other places actually experience a word that I only hear in the movies: “cold” In fact, upon posting these Melting Snowmen Treats I felt like I needed to see a real one in person…
You know what? I’m sitting here thinking, have I ever even made a snowman? and I believe that my answer is no. Is that a sad? I’m beginning to think it is. But at least I have these brown rice cereal Melting Snowmen. It’s almost as good as building a real one. Even better is that I can eat my work of art. So there, I win. Ahhhh, I feel better about myself again.
Here’s how to assemble the Melting Snowmen Treats:Print
- 1 c. vegan marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c. brown rice cereal
- 1 Tbsp. homemade nondairy butter
For the decor:
- 6 mini vegan marshmallows, cut in half
- 24 mini nondairy chocolate chips
- 6 orange-colored candies
- 6 gluten free pretzel sticks, cut in half
- 1/4 c. nondairy chocolate, melted
- 1/4 c. nondairy white chocolate, melted
- In medium saucepan melt the nondairy butter over low heat. Add the vegan marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the brown rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Create 2 brown rice cereal balls per snowmen, one should be smaller than the other and should be stacked on top of the other. Press the pretzels sticks gently on the lower half to secure.
- Using the sticky side of the cut marshmallow, place on the side for the earmuff.
- Using the melted chocolate, “glue” the eyes, buttons, and nose onto the snowmen. Connect the earmuffs together over the top of the head.
- On a piece of wax paper, create blobs of melted nondairy white chocolate for the melted snow. Place the snowmen on top and freeze until set (approx 5-10 min).
If you need me, I will be searching for some snow and making an actual snowman so I can check it off my list.
Let there be snow!