For the Meat:
- 1/2 c. cooked quinoa
- 1/4 c. dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. all natural peanut butter (or seed butter)
For the Salsa:
- 5 strawberries, cubed
- 1/4 c. jicama, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
For the “Cheese”:
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut, divided
- all natural yellow food coloring
- 2 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- Dairy free cool whip topping
- 8 black jelly beans, sliced in half
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your wraps in half and using a knife, cut the edges to make a large circle for each half (see video for guidance).
- Brush lightly with olive oil and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Turn a muffin pan upside down and place the shells in the groove of the pan in order to maintain it’s taco shell shape. Bake for 5-7 min or until the shells get lightly browned. Keep an eye on them as they cook fast after the 5 minute mark. Allow to set by fully cooling.
- Place the peanut butter and chocolate into the pan with the cooked quinoa. Over low heat, stir until the ingredients have melted evenly into the quinoa.
- Place the ingredients for the salsa into a small bowl and set aside.
- For the cheese, take 2 Tbsp. of the shredded coconut with one drop of all natural yellow food coloring and mix until evenly colored. Add the remaining half of coconut and fold in to look like a Mexican cheese blend.
- Place 2 Tbsp. of the “meat” filling into each taco shell.
- Evenly pile in the remainder of the toppings into the shell, top with jelly bean “olives” and watch your kids freak when you serve them dessert for dinner.