Put a smile on your family’s faces with this ultra fabulous and extremely festive Ultimate Cinco de Mayo Party Mix, made from everyday snack foods like popcorn and pretzels, with a few extremely fun touches that scream, “!Ole!” This party mix can be tailored to whatever food preferences suit your family. Add more options to enhance the party experience or go with you very own options. That’s the beauty of this recipe: You’ve got the power! Or simply keep it as is…it’s like your very own “Choose Your Own Adventure” but in a recipe. Or something like that.
This Ultimate Cinco de Mayo Party Mix has EVERYTHING. It’s why it’s called “Ultimate.”
- gluten free pretzels
- candy maracas (made from allergen friendly candies like NoNos and pretzel sticks)
- cookie sombreros (made from gluten free mini cookies and candies)
- dark chocolate mustaches
Your party-goers will freak over how CUTE this snack mix is. I freak every time I look at those chocolate mustaches, candy maracas (aaaaahhhhhh!) and the cookie sombreros! I mean, come on now…
Throw together this EASY allergen friendly Ultimate Cinco de Mayo Party Mix for your next fiesta. A great snacking idea to celebrate the 5th of May! Here’s how:Print
- 2 c. popcorn
- 1 c. gluten free pretzels
For the cookie sombreros:
- 10 mini gluten free cookies
- 10 colorful candies (like Dots)
For the candy maracas:
- 20 dairy free, hard shell chocolate candies (I used Little Secrets Toasted coconut but I think NoNo’s would be great too)
- 10 pretzel sticks, ends broken off
For the mustaches:
- 1/3 c. melted chocolate
- Start by placing the melted chocolate into a plastic baggie or piping bag with a small slit cut out. If you need to, draw several small mustaches onto a piece of parchment paper to guide you or do it free form. Make sure to save some melted chocolate as the glue for the maracas and sombreros. Freeze until you are ready to serve.
- Glue the pretzel stick ends to each candy for the maracas and allow to set until firm.
- For the sombreros, glue one candy on top of the mini cookie with the melted chocolate. Create dots or designs on the cookie. It doesn’t need to be perfect, you just need to have fun with it. I made dots that didn’t work out and I just went with it. Allow to fully set until firm. You can place the sombreros and maracas into the freezer as well to speed up this process.
- Once you are ready to serve, throw everything together in a bowl and let the Cinco de Mayo fun begin!
Want to make this party complete? Why not try these recipes for an incredibly fun Cinco de Mayo fiesta (or check out this page for more ideas). Just click on the pictures and it will take you straight to the recipes: