- 2 c. popcorn
- 1 c. gluten free pretzels
For the cookie sombreros:
- 10 mini gluten free cookies
- 10 colorful candies (like Dots)
For the candy maracas:
- 20 dairy free, hard shell chocolate candies (I used Little Secrets Toasted coconut but I think NoNo’s would be great too)
- 10 pretzel sticks, ends broken off
For the mustaches:
- 1/3 c. melted chocolate
- Start by placing the melted chocolate into a plastic baggie or piping bag with a small slit cut out. If you need to, draw several small mustaches onto a piece of parchment paper to guide you or do it free form. Make sure to save some melted chocolate as the glue for the maracas and sombreros. Freeze until you are ready to serve.
- Glue the pretzel stick ends to each candy for the maracas and allow to set until firm.
- For the sombreros, glue one candy on top of the mini cookie with the melted chocolate. Create dots or designs on the cookie. It doesn’t need to be perfect, you just need to have fun with it. I made dots that didn’t work out and I just went with it. Allow to fully set until firm. You can place the sombreros and maracas into the freezer as well to speed up this process.
- Once you are ready to serve, throw everything together in a bowl and let the Cinco de Mayo fun begin!