Making healthier choices over the summer doesn’t have to be complicated and over-the-top. It can be as simple as throwing a couple of cartons of dairy free yogurt alternative into a small baking sheet and topping it with fresh fruit for an incredibly fun 4th of July-themed snack and/or dessert that the kids will love eating with their hands. That’s right, eating yogurt with your hands is a thing now; who needs a spoon? Not me, especially not with this July 4th Yogurt Bark.
All you will need for this simple snack (or breakfast!) is:
strawberries, cut into star shapes
That’s it! 4 simple ingredients that make the easiest summertime snack to throw together, making it look like you really made a huge effort (Sssssshhh, only you and I know you really didn’t but they don’t have to know that…)! And you can feel good about knowing that you are feeding your kids a healthier plant-based food option to keep them going strong this summer.
- 3 small cartons Silk vanilla dairy free yogurt alternative (you might need more depending on the size of the dish you use)
- 4 large strawberries, cut into stars
- handful of fresh blueberries
- handful of fresh raspberries
- Empty out the yogurt cartons onto a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Add the fresh fruit on top of the yogurt to make whatever design you wish. You can even make an American flag if you wanna get fancy!
- Place in the freezer for several hours or until completely solid.
- Slice and serve.
Tips for making your own July 4th Yogurt Bark with Silk yogurt alternative: Try cutting different sized stars out of any red or white colored fruit (like strawberries, watermelon, bananas, or even white nectarines). If you want to really get artistic, you can make a design of the American flag with your fruit. Get the kids involved too! Have them make their own designs with the pre-cut fruit.
Check out my other holiday-themed yogurt barks:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.