For the Veggie Ranch Dip:
- 1 c. raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes, drained
- 1/2 c. Silk’s original & unsweetened soy (or almond) milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. hemp seeds
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- handful fresh parsley
For the Scarecrow, you’ll need:
- Shredded carrots (for the hay)
- Rolled tortilla chips (for the hat)
- red and orange bell pepper and black olive slice (for the hat belt)
- cucumber slices and black beans or olives (for the eyes)
- red bell pepper (for the nose)
- orange bell pepper and sliced black olives (for the mouth)
- Fresh veggies and more rolled tortillas chips for dipping
- In a high-speed blender, blend everything together except for the parsley until completely smooth.
- Add parsley and pulse until it is roughly chopped into the dip.
- Adjust the salt and pepper according to your taste preference.
- Chill for an hour (this will allow it to thicken up and enhance the flavor). Stays fresh for 3-4 days in fridge in an air-tight container.
- Pour into a bowl for serving. Create the scarecrow face according to the how-to pictures above. Serve with more fresh veggies and rolled tortilla chips for the dipping.