These Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt Cups couldn’t be easier to grab and go for those days you simply don’t have time to make breakfast. And let me tell you, I understand precisely what it means to not have time to make an elaborate breakfast these days with a 3 week old who KNOWS when I’m about to eat and decides to cry. Needless to say, I have been relying heavily on pre-made foods like this (and even my DIY Instant Oatmeal cups) to be ready to go when I need them.
The recipe idea is simple:
- yogurt of choice
- homemade chia seed jam
- granola from Sweet Home Farm
Since I prefer plain yogurt, I even drizzle the top with some honey to add a little more natural sweetness. That’s it. Easy. Healthy. Perfect for the busy mom. Plus, the portable container that holds the granola is a recycled, emptied out applesauce cup. Way to reduce, reuse and recycle. You win on so many levels, go you!
Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt Cups
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: 2 Yogurt Snack Cups 1x
- 1/2 c. homemade chia seed jam
- 2 c. favorite plain yogurt
- 1/2 c. Sweet Home Farm granola
- drizzle honey (optional)
- 2 wide-mouthed mason jars
- 2 plastic applesauce containers, cleaned out
- Fill each mason jar with the 1/4 c. chia seed jam.
- Pour 1 c. of the yogurt on top.
- Place the granola inside the cleaned out applesauce containers. Place the flat cover of the mason jar over the applesauce container and put over the top of the jar. Twist on top to secure the granola. Take the yogurt cup to go for a quick snack on the go!
I went for the French Vanilla with Almonds granola flavor because that is right up my taste preference but you can choose from any of the Sweet Home Farm flavor options here. It’s all about what YOU want.
Are these 16oz jars? Thank you!
Shut UP! That granola hack is freaking brilliant. Now I have to buy apple sauce in little cups so I can do this! Thanks! I already make my own fruit compote, yogurt and granola- I needed a perfect storage-and-transport solution. This is so cute! 🙂
p.s. love the little peek at the wee one!!!
I wish I could take credit for the applesauce cup/granola holder but I agree, it is genius, isn’t it?! Hope you enjoy it 🙂