Yup, it’s that time of year again. No, no, not Halloween. I know you are just as excited as I am about that holiday (at least humor me here) but first we have to celebrate the back-to-school season before we can even start the REAL fun. I cannot even believe that summer is ending already but I must admit that I couldn’t be happier. We are one month closer to October! Can you tell I really LOVE Halloween? Until then, let’s have some school lunchbox fun with Peanut Butter Jelly Snake Sandwiches.
RELATED: PB&J Donut Sandwiches
All you need to make these Peanut Butter Jelly Snake Sandwiches are:
- bread slices
- a slather of peanut butter and homemade chia jam
- banana slices
- green grapes
- homemade googly eyes
RELATED: Froggy Sandwiches
Turn regular ol’ PB&Js into showstoppers with these Peanut Butter Jelly Snake Sandwiches. They are an easy yet creative way to add a little flair for your kid’s school lunchbox.Print
Peanut Butter Jelly Snake Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 Snake Sandwiches 1x
- 2 slices of bread (use gluten free if you need to)
- 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter, creamy
- 2 Tbsp. homemade chia jam
- 2 banana slices
- 2 green grapes
- 2 strawberries, stems cut off
- 4 homemade googly eyes
- 2 skewers
- Slather one slice of bread with the creamy peanut and the other with the jam. Place together and cut six 1 1/2″ circles out of the sandwich. Depending on what bread you use, the amount of circles you get might vary. Adjust accordingly.
- Layer each skewer: sandwich circle, fruit, sandwich, fruit, and sandwich. Top with the strawberry head and “glue” the googly eyes with a little bit of melted chocolate.
- Serve in your kid’s lunchbox or save for an after school snack.
Peanut Butter Jelly Snake Sandwiches recipe notes:
1. If you are worried about the wooden skewers and your little one, use plastic ones that are not sharp or a weapon hazard.
2. To avoid food waste, you can cut the circles from the bread first and then cut and toss the scraps with olive oil and salt and bake until just crisp for breadcrumbs. OR you can do as the instructions say and eat the PB&J scraps for breakfast. Because as moms, I know that sometimes that only time we can eat is over the kitchen sink…for 30 seconds at a time.
RELATED: Vegan Turkey Sandwiches
Looking for more school lunchbox ideas? Check this recipe section out.
[…] PB&J Snake Skewers – What’s more fun than getting your kids to say “shish kabob”? Snake shish kabob, of course! (via Fork & Beans) […]