Give Taco Tuesday a kid-friendly lunchbox spin by turning an average sandwich into unique Hummus and Veggie Sandwich Tacos! A loaded sandwich you can hold with one hand, this lunchbox idea is stuffed with tons of fresh veggies, lettuce, avocado, cheese and of course, a nice slather of roasted bell pepper Sabra hummus. The “tacos” part is of course in quotes because these aren’t tortillas; it’s just a fun way to reinvent the way you see bread and your kid’s lunch.
As a mom myself, I get that parents don’t have a lot of time to make elaborate lunches to send their kids to school with. Though a lot of the food I make over here has a fun theme, they also aren’t always a realistic snapshot of a typical day-in-the-life of for the average parent. Most of my creative recipes are more special occasion/holiday/party ideas to surprise your kids with but these Hummus and Veggie Sandwich Tacos are part of the vault of recipe ideas that are simple enough that anyone can pull off with minimal time!
All you need to make these Hummus and Veggie Sandwich Tacos are:
- Sabra roasted red bell pepper hummus (or favorite Sabra hummus flavor of choice)
- cheese slices
- cucumber slices
- sliced avocado
- shredded carrots
- diced tomatoes
- diced onion (or omit if your kid doesn’t like onion)
The only difficult part about these sandwich “tacos” is that you have to roll out the bread slice first in order to flatten it and get a little more length (which seriously takes 1 minute to do!) See? Not too difficult right?!
Give Taco Tuesday a kid-friendly lunchbox spin by turning an average sandwich into unique Hummus and Veggie Sandwich Tacos!Print
Hummus and Veggie Sandwich Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 Sandwich Tacos 1x
- Category: Lunchbox
- Sabra roasted red bell pepper hummus
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 cheese slices
- handful of lettuce
- 6 cucumber slices
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- shredded carrots
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. diced onion (omit if kid doesn’t like onions)
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out the sandwich bread to give a little more length without breaking it.
- Slather the entire piece of bread with hummus.
- Start to layer the slice of bread with the cheese. Add the lettuce, avocado, cucumber, and shredded carrots into one of the corners of the bread.
- Roll up like a taco and top with the tomatoes and onions. Place into a lunch storage. Repeat with the other piece of bread.
Keywords: kid lunchbox, fun food
Looking for more lunchbox ideas for your kids? Check these posts out:
I love this recipe and I am going to try it very soon… but especially the truck!! where have you found it? it will be the necessary plus for my kids.. Thanks
Amazon! It’s from Fred and Friends 🙂
Looks delicious! . Can’t wait to try these!