- 3/4 c. Cara’s All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 c. Daiya vegan “cheese”, cheddar flavored
- 3 Tbsp. nondairy butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. ice water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cheese together until blended nicely with a hand mixer. You might have to smash the vegan cheeze with the back of a fork to get it to cooperate.
- Combine flour, xanthan gum and salt in a separate bowl until fully mixed together. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture into butter/cheese until blended. Add remaining 1/2 and mix well. Add ice water and stir, making sure all scraps on the sides of the bowl have been incorporated.
- Place ball of dough on a piece of parchment paper and lightly knead until a smooth ball is made. Divide dough in half and place half into a bowl and put in the fridge.
- Roll out other half with a rolling pin between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll thin (about 1/8″ or so).
- With a pastry cutter, pattern out the shapes of the squares, going horizontally and diagonally. Make a little hole in the center of each cracker. Brush a light coat of olive oil and sprinkle the tops with a little dash of coarse salt.
- Transfer the parchment paper to a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 10 minutes while you repeat the same process for the other half.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in an air-tight container. Will be fresh for a couple of days.