- 1 c. Cara’s All-Purpose Flour Mix
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. nondairy milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, solid (or non-hydrogenated shortening)
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 7 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Using a fork, “cut” in the oil or shortening into the flour to create pea-sized bits. Add the remainder of the ingredients. Your dough should be smooth, add 1 Tablespoon nondairy milk if not until smooth.
- Roll half the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Cut into 2″ circles. Repeat with the second half of the dough. Should make 24 circle cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack–they will firm up the longer they sit.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, whip up the Oreo filling ingredients until smooth. Pour into a plastic baggie and cut one corner out. Pipe the filling onto one cookie and then sandwich with another.
- In a shallow dish, combine the melted chocolate, mint, and shortening (or oil) until smooth. Dip each cookie into the melted mint chocolate. Allow to set on a piece of parchment paper until firm. You can either freeze or sit on the counter.