- 1 1/4 c. Cara’s All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 Tbsp. nondairy milk
- 2 tsp. molasses
- 1 c. nondairy chocolate chips, melted + 1 Tbsp. shortening
- a few drops peppermint extract, to taste
- Preheat your over to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the remainder of the ingredients for the cookies until a nice dough forms. You will need to knead it with your hands. If still too dry add a dab of milk until it comes together nicely.
- Roll out between 2 pieces of parchment paper until 1/8′ thick. Cut into 2″ circles.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to fully cool on the baking sheet.
- Mix the chocolate coating together until smooth and dip each cookie fully until coated. Allow to set on wax paper and freeze for 10 minutes until set.