- 1 1/2 c. Cara’s All Purpose GF Flour
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. buttermilk (1/2 Tb apple cider vinegar + 1/2 c. non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ener-G egg replacer + 2 Tbs warm water, mixed til frothy
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For Almond Joy Topping:
- 1 1/2 c. shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 Tbs non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil or butter
- 12 whole almonds
For Chocolate Coating:
- 1 c. nondairy chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together until fully combined.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl. Add all the remainder of wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated.
- Grease a mini donut pan.
- Place 1/2 batter into a ziploc baggie. Cut the corner of one side to use as an opening. This part is important in the shape of the donuts: Using one hand to firmly keep the dough flowing out of the hole, squirt the dough out in a circle in the pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Allow to sit in the pan for 3 minutes after you take it out of the oven.
For the Almond Joy Top:
- In a blender, combine the first three ingredients until smooth.
- Take less than a tablespoon of coconut mix and make into a patty with your hands. Place on top of the cooled donut.
- Place an almond on the top.
- For Chocolate Coating:
- Melt the non-dairy chocolate into a bowl (every 30 seconds stop to stir and repeat until melted and smooth). Add the shortening into the bowl and mix until melted and smooth.
- Gently place bottom of the donut into the bowl. Place a fork under the donut, and with a spoon, drizzle the chocolate on top until everything is covered in melted chocolate.
- Raise donut up with a fork and place on a piece of wax paper to set. If you want it to set quickly, place in the fridge.