- (1) 8 oz. package tempeh, steamed for 10 minutes to soften
- 3/4 c. gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. onion, thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
- Gluten free rolls (like Schaar)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients together with the exception of spaghetti sauce and 1/4 c. of the breadcrumbs.
- Form into 1 1/2″ balls. Roll into remainder breadcrumbs until fully coated. Fry on skillet until browned on all sides. Do in batches if needed.
- Lower heat and allow to cool down a little and then pour the jar of spaghetti sauce into the skillet full of all 10 meatballs. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Plop 3 meatballs onto a gluten free roll, coat with nondairy cheese and broil until browned.