- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, refined for no coconut flavor (this will give a creamier taste)
- 3 heaping Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 c. nondairy milk (you can add more if too chocolate-y)
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract or 1/4 c. Peppermint Schnapps
- crushed candy canes (for coating the cup)
- dairy free whipped cream (like So Delicious)
- vegan marshmallows
- Peppermint sticks (optional)
- Mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup and sea salt into a small saucepan until smooth.
- Whisk in nondairy milk into saucepan. Turn heat to low, whisking occasionally until smooth and desired temperature is reached (approx. 5 min).
- Add the Schnapps or peppermint extract into saucepan and stir.
- Pour into crushed candy cane-lined cups, top with nondairy whipped creams and/or marshmallows. Enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 3g