- 8 2″ slices of tempeh, lightly steamed
- 2 c. Rice Chex (or crunchy gluten free cereal)
- 1 c. store-bought buffalo sauce
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Veganaise brand Blue Cheese Dressing
- Place tempeh slices into a ziploc baggie with 1/2 c. buffalo sauce. Allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend 1 c. of the Rice Chex so it becomes flour-like. With your hands, crush the remaining 1 c. so the Chex is in chunkier bits. Mix together. Add the paprika, cayenne, and a pinch of salt together in a shallow dish.
- Dip the tempeh slices into Chex flour mix and coat on all sides. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake tempeh for 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining 1/2 c. buffalo sauce (you might need more to coat) on all sides. Bake another 1 minute. Serve with Veganaise Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks place the tempeh onto a bed of lettuce smothered with non-dairy blue cheese dressing and have yourself a Buffalo Tempeh Salad: