For the Quinoa Bites:
- 1/2 c. dried quinoa, cooked with 1 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. Cara’s All-Purpose Blend
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 2 Tb water, let sit for 5–7 min
- 1 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes (in oil), diced
- 1 Tbsp. nondairy cheese of choice (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. nondairy milk
- 1 c. Rice Chex (or other gluten free crunchy cereal)
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread coating ingredients together until well-mixed. In a medium bowl, mix together all of the quinoa bites ingredients. Form into balls with hands and coat with bread crumb mix.
- Place into skillet and cook on all sides until golden brown. Allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle salt to season immediately. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.