Go meatless tonight by replacing chicken with cauliflower in my own version of Cauliflower Parmesan. You won’t even miss the chicken!
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed meal + 2 Tbsp. warm water, thickened
- 1/3 c. gluten-free flour
- 1/4 c. water
Bread Crumb Coating:
- 1 c. gluten-free Panko crumbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 thick slices cauliflower, cutlet form (slice from the middle where the stem is to keep intact)
- 4 servings of gluten free pasta
- mozzarella cheese (use nondairy, if needed)
- Favorite jar of spaghetti sauce
- oil for frying
- Preaheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a shallow dish combine the flour coating ingredients.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the ingredients for the bread crumbs.
- Dip each cauliflower cutlet gently into the flour coating first and then into the bread crumbs until completely coated. Be gentle when moving the cauliflower. You might want to use a spatula to move from one dish to the next and use a spoon to coat instead of flipping over.
- Heat up 1/4 c. olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot and cook each side of the cauliflower until nicely browned on both sides (approx 5-7 min on each side)*
- In a baking dish, place the marinara sauce in the bottom. Top with cauliflower slices and non-dairy cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted.
- Serve over cooked pasta (optional).
*If you want to bake the cauliflower instead of fry it, place the cutlets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat the tops of the cauliflower with cooking spray. Heat your oven to 375 degrees and cook for 10-15 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.