This is a power-packed dinner full of nutrition that is ready in less than 30 minutes and will have your kids eating cauliflower without even knowing it.
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 c. vegetable broth (I prefer using Better Bouillon for the best flavor result)
- 1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 bag riced cauliflower from Trader Joes (or 4 c. riced cauliflower)
- 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil and drained
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- In a medium-sized pot, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat until warmed. Place the shallots, garlic, and thyme inside and saute for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
- Place 1/2 of the beans and vegetable broth into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- With an immersion blender (or if you do not have one, use a regular blender), gently blend all of the contents together in the pot until creamy and smooth. It will not be too thick. If you are using a blender, return contents to the pot.
- Add grated cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes, remainder of beans, and capers. Cover with a lid and allow to heat through for a good 5 minutes.
- Fold in the spinach to welt.Garnish with toasted pine nuts (optional).