- 1/2 recipe Easy Vegan Chili (or use a can of vegetarian chili)
- 1 large russet potato, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1–2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
Raw Sour Cream:
- 1/4 c. cashews
- 2 Tbsp. water
- juice from 1 lemon wedge
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- red onion, chopped
- fresh jalapeños, sliced
- black olives, sliced
- avocado, chopped
- cilantro, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potato into long, uniform slices. I like my fries on the thinner side but it’s up to you how thick you cut them. Just make sure they are evenly cut because this will allow them to bake at the same rate and will decrease your chances of having some very burnt fries and some under-cooked ones.
- Place cut potato slices into a big bowl. Sprinkle the oil and salt over the potatoes and toss until each piece is coated. Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Take a spatula and flip over after the first 12 minutes. Depending how well you like your fries (I like mine crispy!), you will need to adjust the baking time.
- Follow the recipe for the chili while the fries are baking. Make sure the juices evaporate almost completely. Top chili over the fries.
- In a high-speed blender, mix all ingredients for the raw sour cream until smooth. This will not create a thick cream like typical sour cream, rather a fun, thicker drizzle to top onto your chili. Add garnishes of choice.